Your turn! Move like a piece on a giant game board through three centuries of American games, puzzles, and public amusements at Game Time! located on The Strong's second floor. Feast your eyes on oversized toy props; see rare, historic treasures from The Strong’s game and puzzle collections; and jump right in for active hands-on family fun.
- Conquer the maze in a jumbo Perplexus, designed especially for The Strong, and compare it to the 1889 original handheld ball maze Pigs in Clover that President Benjamin Harrison was known to enjoy.
- Check out oversized versions of Connect Four, Rush Hour, and Battleship; and a flashing, electronic, big-screen toy bingo.
- Challenge yourself to a gaggle of games including Jenga, air hockey, dome hockey, paper football, pinball, word search games, tangrams, puzzles, and dominoes.
- Trace the history of board-, card-, and role-playing games through a multimedia timeline showcasing historic artifacts, photographs, advertisements, and videos.
- See rare artifacts on view for a limited time, including Síochán leat (the Irish Game), a one-of-its-kind game designed by Brenda Romero to explore the 17th-century invasion of Ireland; and the Dalluhn Manuscript, a text believed by some experts to be the earliest existing version of Dungeons & Dragons.
View Game Time! fun facts.
GameTime! is produced by The Strong.
Game Time! is made possible in part by the Mary Valentine and Andrew Cosman Trusts.
The project is made possible by a grant from
The Strong acknowledges the support of Greater Hudson Heritage Network for artifact preservation.